Sunday, March 6, 2011

Song of the Day: Ooh la La-The Faces

Sorry, I seem to be doing a lot of old music, soon I'll probably be back to "young people's music" (as my dad calls it), but for now, these are really amazing songs that I want to prevent from being lost to time.

My brother started playing "Ooh la La" on the guitar after he heard it at the end of the film Rushmore, directed by my hero Wes Anderson. I didn't may attention to the song much, but then my dad started listening to it and got me so hooked.

It's a really beautiful song, with a folky feel that for some reason reminds me of the stitching on an old blanket. It's sad and sweet, and makes the moment you listen to it feel very sentimental for reason that I cannot explain. I want to say 'it touches your heart', but I feel that I have been saying that a lot, and it sounds super pretentious...BUT REALLY, that's how I feel when I see/hear/experience something this beautiful, it's like my heart is being sucked up into a little radiating pin hole! Damn, that sounded a thousands times more pretentious...Okay, I'm putting that aside, it's just a good song!!!

The photo is Sarah Silverman in the Boy. by Band of Outsiders lookbook froom 2009 and was shot at Canter's Deli...seriously so pop culture infused! Their lookbooks are really awesome...maybe more on that later

No comments:

Post a Comment