Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Miles Aldridge (fashion photography part 2)



One of the many things I love about fashion is its many aspects...When I think about all the fashion-related things I have loved throughout my life the list is really quite spectacular: Tom Tierney's paper dolls (which are really quite amazing, I'd highly recommend checking them out), street style, thrifting, and now, my new wonderful obsession, fashion photography.

The pictures above are by Miles Aldridge one of my new-found favourite photographers. His work is so beautifully unsettling, though mysteriously, and thus provocatively, so.

I particularly love his photographs of beautiful heeled shoes trampling cities from above...they are super inventive and remind me (along with his "Cat Lady" shoot) very much of the book my brother loved as a small child, "Kat Kong" by Dav Pilkey



collage 1 (from top left): 1&3,2,4
collage 2: 1, 2,3,4,5
collage 3: 1,2,3,4
book

No comments:

Post a Comment