Thursday, August 11, 2011

Designer Spotlight: Meadham Kirchhoff (Mania)

Even though this is a "fashion-y" blog I rarely talk about the clothing I like and the people that make them, which seems silly because what is fashion without designers? That being said, I am "spotlighting" Meadham Kirchhoff, the London-based designer duo that makes--in my opinion--the most beautiful--and uniquely beautiful--clothing.

Let's start with their things in magazines:

 


Julija Steponaviciute by Nick Dorey   Spring Summer 2011 collection by Amira Fritz 



 
V Magazine's own spotlight on new designers , this article was really great and featured some of my favourite designers (many of which will be posted) and that "piece" belongs to my shrine (sorry for all the unnecessary quoting, I feel like a Larry Johnson artwork. Also, I, in my o so kind nature, circled Meadham Kirchhoff for the viewer


Lulu Kennedy in Vogue UK Alek Wek in I-D Magazine (this is also part of my Meadham Kirchhoff shrine)

 

 Guinevere Van Seemus ( i don't know what it's from) Olga Sherer by Emma Tempest




Now shall we look inside their studio?




dolls and caterpillar prints...a lot of Alice and Wonderland vibes!


note their fabulous clothing and the walls with the Nicoletta Ceccoli cat girl

The Decorations:  


 

Now, I dare indulge us in the clothes: 


 

 

 

 


 


 

 


 All runway photos via Elle

That took forever! But I am glad I did it because now if there is a contest to find for who most loves Meadham Kirchhoff, I have proof that I deserve to win!

No comments:

Post a Comment