Saturday, December 18, 2010

Tim Walker (fashion photography part 1)


Hannibal Smith had it right when he said "I love it when a plan comes together". This perfectly applies to this situation, other then that, rather then a plan, an accumulation of wonderful things came together.

As you may recall I posted about how much I liked the Juicy Couture ads , and then, a few months later I was given an issue of W Magazine with the most fabulous photographs. And THEN (is it bad sign that my writing is starting to resemble "Dude Where's my Car"?) I chanced upon Tim Burton's Bazaar masterpiece ...well, for those of you who are more knowledgeable then I, you will instantly recognize that these three things all have in common ("Sasquatch, Godzilla, King Kong, Lochness, Goblin, Ghoul, a zombie with no conscience...Question what do all these things have in common?") which is TIM WALKER!!!

Since then I have become utterly obsessed with his photographs...seriously, it's like he took the perfect world in my mind and turned it into art.

sources (collage 1): 1, 2, 3, 4
collage 2: 1, 2, 3, 4,

No comments:

Post a Comment