Friday, January 7, 2011

2011: another space odyssey

Recently there has been a trend that I have totally succumbed to for the simple reason that I LOVE IT! This trend is space/aliens/planets etc. and is suddenly (actually I included a lot of things from before that were just wonderfully spacey) everywhere!

Risto Bimbiloski's s/s 2009 collection: I REALLY like Risto's clothes and he was really ahead of the curve on this space trend, but everything that has followed has also been super unique and cool. The only negative thing I can say is that I wrote a letter to the label asking if they would send some clothing (both because it's expensive and hard to find!) for my upcoming film...and they never even responded...Boooooo! And I don't mean Boo Radley...I mean like "Boo, you whore".

Aya Takano's "Looking to Earth from the Moon": As I mentioned, Aya Takano is one of the most slinkster-cool--as Weetzie Bat would say--artists ever...so while this doesn't really prove a this-year-trend in space (it was made in 2004), I think it's just another way of showing how amazing all of the different interpretations of space can be.

Jeremy Scott F/W 2007: Always a trendsetter, Jeremy Scott combined brought his innovative clothing to another level---the last frontier in fact! (ahaha) But seriously, what could be more fabulous then poodles in space?!



Peter Pilotto's collection for Kipling: I love it when a fancy designer, who's goods you could never afford, design a collection for another company that you can very much afford! And I love it when the said collections are beautiful backpacks to make your (or at least my) school day a little more beautiful (and fashionable!). And to top it all of, like a cherry on a sundae, I love it when the backpacks have a galaxy print!!!

Sueño Astral: Just another lovely interpretation of space/the sky by the wonderful artist Esau Andrade


Christopher Kane's s/s 2011 resort collection: I already said this was my favourite collection, but at the time couldn't exactly put my finger on why...now I know exactly why; it's because it has a cosmic print!!!

This is one of many great spacey/alien photos from Vogue UK's alien editorial, "The Lady Who Fell to Earth", with photo's by TIM WALKER!!!!!!!

migh-T by KUMIKO WATARI's "Space Sweets": I love everything Kumiko Watari/migh-T makes and I just felt so damn cool (not to mention coordinated) wearing my donuts and space print t-shirt to the Griffith Park Planetarium


Topshop Unique s/s 2010 (I think): Topshop figured out the space trend long ago, with these UFO print dresses and skirts...sadly I was not smart enough to realize how ahead they were and anything with the UFO print has become one of my items to search the great depths of the internet for.



All the cool kids are doing it!


And as a beautiful ending note, "The Moon Princess" by Nicoletta Ceccoli.



sources: 1,2,3, 4, 5* 6, 7, 8, 9

*I can't actually find where the Esau Andrade painting is from, if you know, please tell me

1 comment:

  1. The Painting OF esau andrade Is from puerto Vallarta Jalisco, México, Is in at gallery there call galería des artist es . You can found Esaú Andrade on Facebook , esau-andrade.artelista.com and other links.

    ReplyDelete