Saturday, October 16, 2010

spring by summer fall

Because my massive amounts of school work have lead to very little free time, I am quite late in blogging my fall fashion week favourites, but nonetheless, here is a list of my most-liked pieces and collections (in ascending order)

Miu Miu: I would be lying if I told you this collection was my favourite...that being said I am quite in love with the dress shown at middle and the dress at right which at first seems like a simple evening dress, but has those wonderful top details! Also, look at those shoes!!!

Rodarte: While I think they could do with less browns, the much-talked-about shoes are really quite spectacular, the lacey blouses are so wonderful, the blues are lovely, and the gladiator style is, well...interesting?

House of Holland: I hadn't originally planned to post, or even speculated, about this collection, but it caught my eye and I was quite struck by the uniqueness and overall beauty! I particularly love the dress shown at right; that papery material, cut, and what a colour!

Proenza Schouler: My probably overly high expectations lead to initial disappointment with this collection...but I have grown to love several of the pieces (particularly those above) and I am glad they brought back the abstract prints from last season.

Band of Outsiders: This collection actually far exceeded my expectations...I particularly like the sunglasses and the sweaters (incidentally my two favourite things!) and, as always, I am impressed by the "wear-ability"

Christopher Kane (resort): My favourite collection of the season! I am totally in love with the half nebula, half nuclear holocaust print! And who could resist those furry shoes?

No comments:

Post a Comment