Sunday, September 5, 2010

Commercial Couture

While flipping through Bazaar my eye was caught by the extremely exuberant and colorful new Juicy Couture ad ("Juicy Fields Forever", shown bottom left) and I was reminded of, regardless of my feelings for their actual products (the only thing I really like is the perfume) how much I have always loved their ads!

The one with the older ladies with coloured hair is perfect for this Weetzie Bat quote: "[she had] perfect white hair that sometimes had lovely blue or pink tints."

I particularly liked last year's "Do the Don'ts" (shown right) which are very whimsical and remind me of Tim Burton's version of Alice and Wonderland:

And they also remind me of the music video for Lily Allen's "The Fear":



I think the Juicy ads are a tie for my favourite with Prada's spring/summer 2010 lookbook:

No comments:

Post a Comment