Sunday, January 22, 2012

Song of the Day: Where is My Mind-the Pixies

When I do blogging stuff, which is not so often recently, I have been working on a bunch of really detailed expansive posts, but they take so long/are so exhausting that I end up not posting anything. It's okay, though, because nobody really read this blog and I just like to do it for myself really.

Anyways, this is one of my favourite songs, partly because I feel like the Pixies are a perfect soundtrack to teenage angst. The first time I heard this song I strangely became obsessed with the line--or really more line snippet--"I went swimming in the Caribbean"...don't ask me why, my reason will just be that it sounds awesome. I think it's because of that line that this song conjures "ocean vibes" for me. More particularly, it makes me think of going to the seaside on a gray, cloudy (almost stormy) day and having some sort of epiphany about the crazy hardships of youth. That's just me though...

The image (which is a youth at the beach on a gray day) is Meghan Collinson by Corinne Day

No comments:

Post a Comment