Sunday, April 24, 2011

Alphabet Soup

I am a magazine enthusiast, I mean I really love magazines...and one of my favourite parts about them is that you stumble upon the most fantastic things. I was flipping through W Magazine when I saw this two page spread of all these up-and-coming designers and I was struck; they were all so unique and cool! Hopefully there will be more to come, but the first designer from the article I wanted to share is Tadaaki Wakamatsu, the man behind the AMAZING Japanese jewelery line Q-Pot. You can see the blurb about him from the article above (sorry for the fingers, my scanner is "on the fritz").

The uniqueness of Q-Pot is definitely shown in their most popular piece, a "build a burger" necklace (shown above) that you buy different charms for in order to create your own little burger man. In addition, though, they also have ice cream charms, cookie necklaces, cupcake rings, and, my personal favourite, the balloon dog necklace, which I was lucky enough to get in Paris at Colette (the home of everything cool)

No comments:

Post a Comment