Monday, February 21, 2011

"Kiss Each Othe Clean"

When it comes to categories of things I love I am really bad at choosing favourites, but when it comes to Iron & Wine, I might just have to say he's my favourite modern musician.

I have loved Iron & Wine since I heard his song "Trapeze Swinger" when I was eight. I still love him, and that song never fails to move me, and seeing him play it live made it even better. I really loved the way he played it this time---he played it also when I saw him three years ago---like a love poem filled of anger; it sounded like Allen Ginsberg reading "Howl". I tried to upload the video of him playing it, but it didn't work...CURSES!!!

He is on tour promoting his most recent album "Kiss Each Other Clean" which (of course) is AMAZING! I'd highly recommend the songs "Half Moon", "Walking Far From Home", "Tree by the River", and "Me & Lazarus".

The picture is by Julie Morstad (via tumblr) who is the extremely wonderful artist who did the whimsical album artwork for Neko Case's album "Fox Confessor Brings the Flood". I choose the drawing above, though, because I think it looks like Sam Beam (lead singer of Iron & Wine) who has a famously long and magical beard.

No comments:

Post a Comment